Liliane Bettencourt is the richest woman in the world 2017 with a net worth of $39.5 billion
In celebration of Mother’s day, we take you through Forbes’ recently released list of the world’s wealthiest women with Liliane Bettencourt of France claiming the No. 1 spot yet again.
According to Forbes, Bettencourt has a net worth of $39.5 billion making her the richest woman in the world. Nearly all her wealth comes from owing a third of the cosmetic company L’Oreal, which her father founded in 1907.
ALSO READ: Top 10 Richest Men in the World 2017
The French heiress is followed by Alice Walton, the only daughter of Sam Walton, the founder of Walmart. Walton, who boasts a whopping $33.8 billion, retains her No. 2 spot from 2016, though her wealth has grown by $1.5 billion this year. Jacqueline Mars, the granddaughter of the famed candy maker Frank Mars, comes in at No. 3 at $27 billion the same ranking she held last year.
See the full list below:
1. Liliane Bettencourt Net worth: $39.5 billion
2. Alice Walton Net worth: $33.8 billion
3. Jacqueline Mars Net worth: $27 billion
4. Maria Franca Fissolo Net worth: $25.2 billion
5. Susanne Klatten Net worth: $20.4 billion
6. Laurene Powell Jobs (Steve Jobs wife) Net worth: $20 billion
7. Gina Rinehart Net worth: $15 billion
8. Abigail Johnson Net worth: $14.4 billion
9. Iris Fontbona Net worth: $13.7 billion
10. Beate Hesiter Net worth: $13.6 billion