As the on-going investigation progresses new facts has emerged as EFCC uncovers new 9 houses, 2 hotels, one plaza allegedly owned by Patience Jonathan.
The detectives were in Port Harcourt (Rivers State) and Yenagoa (Bayelsa State) all week trying to establish whether four properties in the two cities truly belong to Mrs. Jonathan. And according to The Nation, they can now confirm that the assignment led the investigators to suspect that seven more properties including the former Customs Service officers mess in Port Harcourt and a plot of land under construction were acquired by her.
Others in the Rivers State capital are:
- two duplexes at 2/3 Bauchi Street;
- landed property with blocks at Ambowei Street;7
- three Luxury apartments of 4-bedroom each at Ambowei Street; and
- Grand View Hotel on Airport road.
- two marble duplexes at Otioko GRA by Isaac Boro Expressway;
- Glass House on Sani Abacha Expressway which serves as office of the Nigerian Content Development and Monitoring Board;
- Akemfa Etie Plaza by AP filling Station, Melford Okilo Road; and
- Aridolf Resort, Wellness and Spa along Sani Abacha Expressway.
Already, the EFCC has written to the Head of the Civil Service in Bayelsa State demanding the pay status and allowances of Mrs. Jonathan during her tenure as a Permanent Secretary.
It also sought explanation on whether or not she was paid in dollars, besides travelling estacodes, while in office. The investigators are already back in Abuja to continue their assignment.