The Public Relations Officer of the command, Mr Ebere Amaraizu, told the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) in Enugu on Monday that the measure was part of the rules for the recruitment.
Amaraizu said that procedures for the screening had been put in place by the police authorities and that those that were shortlisted for the interview had been communicated through their email addresses.
“The present recruitment is for degree holders and will last for three weeks and after that, the selected ones will proceed for the written interview.
“Over aged people, tattooed persons, falsified results, statement of results over five years and people with some physical impediments will be disqualified from the exercise,” he said.
On the number of applicants shortlisted in Enugu, Amaraizu said that would be determined after the exercise.
“All I know is that 10,000 people will be recruited nationwide but I do not know the number of those that will be recruited in Enugu zone.
“We have started and you can see that it is going on peacefully.
“The exercise is done in batches to avoid any form of rush or stampede.
“This command will screen the applicants thoroughly to ensure that the best get the Job,” he said.
One of the shortlisted candidates at the venue, Kingsley Kenechukwu, expressed joy for scaling through the first step of achieving his dream.
Kenechukwu said that he had been dreaming of becoming a policeman to defend and fight for his country.
“I am happy that the recruitment is transparent and peaceful,” he said.
Another applicant, Samson Okeke, told NAN that he was happy that the exercise was going on well but observed that more personnel were needed to expedite the process.
“The exercise is not moving fast as I expected and I wish more personnel would be deployed to accommodate more applicants,” Okeke said. (NAN)